Monday, April 18, 2011

A Few Minutes with Nan

My first blog post.  Wow, finally Nan jumps into the 2000s!  Too bad it's now the 2010s.

Oh well, better late than never, I suppose.

First, a little about me:  I'm a thirty-two (soon to be thirty-three) year old unpublished romance writer.  I'm hoping that this is the year when that all changes but I won't be holding my breath either.  If it happens this year, great!  If not...there's always next year.  And the year after that.  And the one after that.  Hey, I'm nothing if not patient.

Why am I so patient?  Well, I've been reading and writing romance novels pretty much all of my life.  My mom actually read a ton of Mills & Boons [British based romance publishing house] while she was pregnant with me so I guess "my romance with romance" started even before I was born!  Romance is in my blood so I will keep reading and writing it as long as I life, whether or not I actually land an agent or get a single word published.

I spent much of my tweens and teens sneaking a peak at these books and when I got my first real job, I spent most of my salary on the newest titles.  Ah, the awesome power of Johanna Lindsey and Charlotte Lamb, and to mention Janet Dailey, Catherine Coulter, Emma Darcy...the list goes on.

I was a shy bookish teenager and I wanted to live in those exciting books.  Eventually, I wanted to write like my favourite authors.  I can't copy a Lindsey or a Lamb but I did end up writing around a dozen manuscripts, all of which have languished in my underwear drawer (actually, my old obsolete laptop).

Is it time to bring these creations out into the light of day?

Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment