Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year!


Another year over...and a new one just begun - John Lennon

Yes, it is 2013, already.  Yikes!  To show you how unprepared I was for the new year, I spent time on the first morning of the year printing a calendar.  Even though, according to my family, I ought to have known the year was coming.  Let's just say I hadn't completely written off the idea of a Mayan apocalypse.

But, having survived to see a new year, I am left with the task of deciding on my new year's writing resolutions.  Again.

See, last year, I was ambitious.  Some may say, too ambitions.  I set out a series of writing resolutions and I charted my progress throughout the beginning of 2012.

Okay, so I did one progress report on my resolutions last year...and that was in January.  Anecdoctal evidence suggests that I am in the majority.  Most people do seem to forget about their new year's resolutions very early on.

So why I am making new resolutions?  Because I am ambitious.  I want to be the best writer I can be and I want to try to show the world some of my writing.  But more than that, I know myself, and I feel better about me when I write and send out submissions.  If you write, you probably feel the exact same way.

So what are my resolutions for 2013?  Write more.  Blog more.  Send out more submissions.  That's all.

Good luck to you and me!

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment