Monday, January 23, 2012

Resolutions - Blog Regularly

One of my Writing Resolutions for this year is to "Blog Regularly".  Here is how I plan to do it.

I started this blog at a maniacal pace.  One post every day for three months.  Yikes.  It's no wonder my writing production went downhill.  I was spending most of my creative energy on the blog.  It was a mixed blessing.

Although I was writing to support, inspire and inform my writing, I wasn't writing much.  I didn't know how to balance the two.

In the last few months of 2011, my blogging output dropped off dramatically.  I was down to a post or two a month.  But, because I was writing much more, I was fine with the sacrifice.  Besides, I was in the middle of signing my first romance publishing contract so I told myself I didn't have the time for the blog anyway.

But I missed blogging.  So one of my writing resolutions this year is to find a blogging schedule that fits my life (and my writing).

I've decided to aim for weekly posts, with a few special features if I have the time to write them.  How do I intend to achieve this output?

Finding ideas has never been my problem, either for my writing or blogging.  I have lots to write about, just not enough time to write it.

The time to write my blog posts will have to come out of my writing time.  No two ways about that.  But instead of aiming for writing a post a day, I will try to write a few posts at a time, hopefully with a similar theme, and schedule them for future posting.  For my blog posts, I also have to factor in the research time which is often a few hours to write a single post (mainly because I don't like giving out erroneous information).

It will be work, but enjoyable work.  I'm looking forward to once again spending more time with my online writing community!

No comments:

Post a Comment