Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Read (or re-read) a Favourite Book

I spend a lot of money on books.  A lot.  Even as a child, most of my allowance went to the Sweet Valley High military-industrial complex.


Reading a lot often leads to re-reading.  Re-reading favourite books is one of the most enjoyable activities in life.  I have read The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery (of Anne of Green Gables fame) at least a hundred times and The Mysterious Mr. Quin by Agatha Christie at least the same number.  You know what to expect from an old favourite.  I know that I will laugh, I will savour the fantastic writing and I will cry…every time.

The way I look at it is this: the first read is just the introduction.  The second is an attempt to discover the secret behind the magic combination of words and images.  The third (or more) are for pure love.  Who couldn’t do with more love…or more books? 

No comments:

Post a Comment