Thursday, June 09, 2011

Partial (or Full) Ecstasy!

Today, I received my first request for a full manuscript, after having submitted a half dozen partials over the weekend to various romance publishers.  I am thrilled!  And only this morning, I posted an article about having spent much of my two-week annual vacation time researching publishers and sending out submissions.

All of my hard work is starting to pay off!

I know, I know, a request for a full manuscript is in no way a guarantee that the full manuscript will pass muster, be accepted for publication or eventually make its way to any of the scores of voracious romance novel readers out there.  Yes, I realize that none of these things may happen for this manuscript or even for me.  But I still can't help but see this as the possible first step on the road to my dreams.



This is a milestone in my quest to reach my writing goals, both short term and long term, and that is very exciting!

I have promised myself that I will savour these small victories and, right now, this seems like a pretty big victory to me.

So, no matter what happens with this or any other submission I have put out into the world, I will remember this feeling and hug it close.  I may need it.

Stay tuned...

Photo courtesy of pakorn at freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment