Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Romance Publishers' Calls for Submissions

I'm a glass half full kind of person.  So, despite my utter dejection after my entry into a romance writing contest last year failed to garner any attention, I have decided to once again enter the fray.

The only aspect I must decide on is where to target my entry.  For this purpose, I'm focusing on calls for submissions rather than contests.

I've found the following calls for submissions from romance publishers:

Samhain Publishing

Up, up and away!  Samhain is looking for romance novellas for two upcoming anthologies about Superheroes and the 2012 Summer Olympics.  Entries must be between 25,000 and 30,000 words.  More details can be found on their website.

The deadline for both anthologies is September 1, 2011.

Evernight Publishing

For work that tends more towards the short story range, check out the call for submissions from Evernight, which publishes romance and erotic romance.  They're looking for themed pieces between 5,000 and 10,000 words for an upcoming Halloween anthology.  Further details are on their website.

The deadline for this call is June 24, 2011.

Total-E-Bound Publishing

Total-E-Bound boasts a plethora of calls for submissions on their website.  These calls for anthology submissions range from themes such as "Angels and Demons" to "Menage".  All of the submissions must be between 15,000 and 20,000 words.  Details on all of the various calls for anthology submissions, which are run regularly, are on the publisher's website.

The deadline for anthology submissions for "Angels and Demons" is July 1, 2011 and for "Menage" it's November 15, 2011.

As well, E-Bound runs seasonal calls for short story submissions, which can be anywhere from 10,000 to 15,000 words each.  Seasonal calls include for Halloween, Christmas and, of course, Valentine's Day.

I'll be trying to submit to at least one of these calls in the coming months.  I hope everyone else who is in my position (unpublished romance writer) is at least considering doing the same!

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment